The Safe Hiring Audit:
The Employer's Guide to Implementing a Safe Hiring Program
By Lester S. Rosen,
Attorney at Law and President,
Employment Screening Resources,
with Michael Sankey, editor of BRB
The Safe Hiring Audit provides a blueprint to evaluate and improve a company's hiring procedures. Companies of all sizes can identify potential problems and insure compliant hiring practices. This essential guide provides a step-by-step action plan to evaluate current hiring practices and make changes to strengthen their businesses and avoid potential problems.
- Assess all company procedures in the hiring process
- Establish legally defensible practices for dealing with potentially problematic applicants.
- Developed for both the small business owner and managers of large corporations.
The Safe Hiring Audit is targeted to employers, business owners, HR professionals, hiring managers, and security professionals – anyone with hiring responsibilities.
The Comprehensive 25 Step Audit Includes:
- Companywide hiring policies and procedures.
- Legal compliance and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Using EEOC compliant employment applications and interviews.
- Employment and education verification.
- Access and use of criminal records, and if negative information found.
- Using other screening tools.
- Working with Consumer Reporting Agencies.
- and much more!
The Safe Hiring Audit endorses the use of best policies, practices and procedures for hiring, and using professional pre-employment screening companies.
Worth It's Weight In Gold!,
December 11, 2008
I would highly recommend this book for anyone who is involved in hiring/firing people and/or doing background investigations. This is, bar none, the most comprehensive and in-depth book on the subject on the market today. This book is packed solid with "you NEED to knowi nformation." I've found that anything that Mike Sankey puts his name on is always first-rate.
Lester Rosen has done an outstanding job on this. He is a well-known expert in his field.
The book is well written, highly relevant, nicely organized and covers the law, and addresses situations in a practical manner. It is very readable, and above all, it can keep you from making some very expensive mistakes. The hiring field is loaded with all kinds of hidden "land mines." The one thing that scared me the most about this book is all the things that I didn't know I didn't know. Whether you're new to the hiring process or a seasoned veteran, this book is probably one of the best investments you can make for your business. If you find a better book on the subject, let me know.
Jim Cronin, MPA, CFE
Seattle Insurance and Legal Investigations (206) 992-1555
By James A. Cronin
See all my reviews»